10.16.2011

Sunburst Mirror

   If you love Pinterest like I do, you've probably seen the famous sunburst mirror a million times! 
I had to come up with an easy version for myself and here's what I came up with:                  

       


With the disk, I didn't have to use so much hot glue as some others I'd seen. Just start poking a long layer of skewers around the back edge of the disk and the second shorter layer around the front then grab your spray paint and go to town!  Hot glue your craft mirror to the disk which also serves as the hook to hang it. To jazz it up, you could hot glue some beads around the border of the mirror like I did (I spray painted mine to match) or use some funky ribbon or metal. 

Just get creative!

Skewers: $3.00
Styrofoam Disk: $2.99
Craft Mirror: $3.99
Beads: Free

Total Craft Project: $9.98



I've linked up with:
Craft DIY Ideas

4 comments:

  1. This is great! I need to find a spot for one so that I can make it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool!! I wish I'd thought of a no glue gun option! I just made one of these mirrors on the weekend, but it was a lot of work to cut all the sticks and glue them to the back of the mirror. The results are nice, though. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been looking for something just like this to do in a frugal manner. Thanks so much! Can't wait to get started :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I can't wait to read it! :0)