An Old Chippy Window

Here's how I dressed up an old window...

I used a lace curtain panel left over from another project and attached it to the back of the window...

...then drilled holes in the bottom for 3 glass knobs.
W h a t  c h i p p y  g o o d n e s s!

I found this little guy in all its 80's mauve glory.
After painting and shabbying him up, I wrapped the handle with jute and...

...painted numbers on each side.

I love how my chippy window turned out!

Thank you, sweet friends, for stopping in!


  1. Hi, I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, your new GF friend. I would love it if you would stop by and be my friend, too.
    This looks really nice. Thanks for sharing.

  2. I love it! Those knobs are beautiful! I love those blue jars too!

  3. I have some lined lace panels very similar to those, and Lord knows I have old windows laying around. Hmmmmm, got me thinking, and I'm also adding numbers on the sides of my slat tote. Copy catter, dirty ratter.... that's me.


  4. Hi Holly, Your window frame is just lovely! The lace is the perfect touch. And I love your little tote, too, it's so cute.
    I awarded you the versatile blogger award today, you can read about it here:

  5. Love that window frame! The knobs are a nice touch~Angie

  6. Hi Holly,
    I nominated you for a blog award. :)



  7. I just popped over from Our Thrifty Nest of Six - Congrats on your nomination too! I can see why Kris nominated you; you have a gorgeous blog and I love your shabby country style :) xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

  8. Holly,
    Love that sweet chippy old window and what you did to make it fab!Looks great girl!

  9. LOVELY PICS:) I really like your blog and will happily follow.
    If you want some swedish decor inspiration, you can check out my blog:)
    Have a great week.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se

  10. How pretty! I love how the lace looks in the old window.

  11. So pretty! I am always amazed what a coat of paint can do. I had the cutest wooden caddy (in a dark green) in my booth for months. I took it home and painted it aqua and it was gone the next day! I am always amazed that other people cannot see the potential!

  12. You are so dang talented! The colors for my senior prom were mauve and green....Class of '86 .

    Enjoy your spring break!

    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

  13. Looks great...love everything chippy :) Such a pretty display! Laurel


Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I can't wait to read it! :0)