10.29.2012

Living Room Reveal

Hi there, Friends of Bella Nest! It sure has been a while since my last post and for good reason. We finally moved!!! We left a home in the country for an apartment in town. Talk about a huge change, but definitely a good one! If you would've asked me if I'd ever want to live in an apartment before now, my response would have been, "No thanks," but as always, God does know what's best for us and He answered my prayers in a way I could never have imagined. 

I have many things to be thankful for these days, but I'd like to share with you now one thing in particular. We came from a house that was a very dark place. It had only one small window in the large, living room and because the house was surrounded by trees, the lighting in most of the rooms was terrible, leaving no good space to take photos for my blog. At this new place however, the sun shines bright into the windows and I find myself feeling lifted and very appreciative of  having gone through some hard times over the past few years. I know that probably sounds strange, but when you've been in a bad place and have experienced hard times, you gain a new perspective on life. You begin to really appreciate the small things that people usually take for granted. 

When we keep our eyes on Jesus and draw near to Him, He promises that He'll never leave us nor forsake us and to me that says He won't leave us hanging by a thread in that bad situation. He'll draw near to you and will show you creative ways to get out of that hard place you're in. He'll show you the next step to take. I'm so thankful He brought me to this little nest where I can sit and enjoy the sunshine with a cup of coffee in the morning and be inspired to paint and create and hopefully encourage you to the same with each post I write. 

 So without further ado, welcome to the first half of my bright and sunny living room...


You might remember this old, chippy window.   





Enjoy decorating your nest with your favorite things. Don't get too caught up in trying to make everything matchy matchy and don't be afraid to mix patterns and styles. It's your nest, so make it a warm and comfortable space to relax in and hang out with your family.









Here's a sneak peak at the other half of the living room...


Thank you so much for stopping in today! I've missed you dearly. Please stop in soon for more new posts!
Bella Nest is linking up to these awesome parties:
Monday:
Brassy Apple
Skip to My Lou
The Gunny Sack
Boogieboard Cottage
The Dedicated House 
Keeping it Simple 
Craft-O-Maniac 
The Girl Creative 
Tuesday:
Coastal Charm
The Kurtz Corner
Knick of Time 
Kathe with an E
PJH Designs
Cowgirl Up @ Cedar Hill Ranch
Romance on a Dime
Atkinson Drive 
Wednesday:
Vintage Gwen
Vintage on a Dime 
Thursday:
The Charm of Home
Common Ground 
 504 Main 
One Artsy Mama
Friday:
The Shabby Nest
At the Picket Fence 
French Country Cottage 
Stuff and Nonsense 
Doodles & Stitches  
Finding Fabulous 
Lovely Crafty Home 
Saturday:
Here's to Handy Andy
Serenity You
Sunday:
Petite Hermine
 My 1929 Charmer
Nifty Thrifty Sunday

37 comments:

  1. Holly, I'm so glad you have come to this peaceful place - for your home and your heart. Glad your back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Holly! Your new home is wonderful and I'm so glad you are happy and ready to nest! It's amazing how a little sunlight can boost our spirits. I believe you when you say not to be very matchy matchy, that's how our creativity thrives. I can't wait to see more of your projects and decorating of your new home. BYW, I LOVE that window!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made your livingroom so pretty! Glad your move went well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your place looks lovely; you have a great sense for design! I love all of the frames and the window, too! The colors tie everything together nicely.

    -Lauren
    http://thethinkingcloset.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holly congratulations on your move! Your apartment looks beautiful!! And it is so nice and bright too! So glad to see you post! I wondered where you have been!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a lovely light place to live! I think sunshine always helps lift ones spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great room! Very sunny and cheerful. Love it!

    Christi @ A Southern Life
    http://asouthernlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous space! I love your slipcovered furniture. And your vintage window and the beautiful open frames, too! It all looks so pulled together and inviting:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful Holly! So glad to see what you've been up to! Hope you're doing ok on the E. Coast tonight!
    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks gorgeous!! Happy to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holly,
    Your new place looks so very charming. Thanks for coming to my party this week and also for coming by my space at Cotton City.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi so pretty!!! Please join me at www.vintageonadime.blogspot.com for Welcome Home Wednesday.... THANKS Debbie:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute living room! I'm following you back from the blog hop!

    Sarah @ This Crazy Blessed Life

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful space! You know you really hit the nail on the head,and when you go through the storms and loose everything(our "Stuff") we still have our Saviour and He will never leave us and will supply all our needs.Thank you for sharing this today:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. that looks so cute. i'm a new follower from the gfc blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a bright and airy space! Love all the vintage touches, beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is such a gorgeous space! love all the light and bright, beautiful sofa! many blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really beautiful! Can't wait to see the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a beautiful room. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier. I'm now your newest follower.

    Kimberly @ mypinterestreality.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the wall with a window & letter

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous! Just love how perfectly vintage it feels!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely LOVE what you did with the living room. It's so warm and welcoming. I think your two cents worth is worth a lot more... great advice LOL Thanks for linking up at Doodles & Stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, I adore this room! It just looks so bright and uplifting! I'm your newest follower, and I invite you to visit and say hi :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love this space! I love the lace behind the window - very cute! Thanks for sharing at our Pinteresting Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Holly, I love your living room. So pretty and inspiring. I am featuring you on Transformed Tuesday later this evening. Thanks so much for linking up. Peggy~PJH Designs

    ReplyDelete
  26. So glad your moved is over and you are back! Also happy to know you are enjoying your new home. You living room is so pretty, and love the lace behind the window. A very nice room, and looking forward to more. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I LOVE the way this looks - nice job!! So glad you found Romance on a dime and linked up. HOpe to see you back!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the look of your new living room. How fun to have a fresh canvas to be decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Very pretty! Thank you for joining HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your beautiful living room is being featured at Doodles & Stitches tomorrow. Thanks for linking up. Be sure to grab an "I've Been Featured" button.

    ReplyDelete
  31. How wonderful for you! God certainly never fails us, so true!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You have been a busy girl, I'm gonna see if I can figure out why the feed isn't arriving.

    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  33. your room is full of charming ideas, holly! love the ruffled lampshade and the framed M, esp:) hope your week is great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I can't wait to read it! :0)