7.05.2012

Show off your seashells!

{say that 3 times fast!}
I've had this collage frame for over 10 years now and for most of that time, it's been sitting in a closet collecting dust. As I was placing it in the trash pile, it hit me... 


Paint it! 

After taking the glass out, I painted the frame with Krylon Dual in white and shabbied the edges. 
I  found some scrapbook paper at Hobby Lobby a few months ago and had to have it. 
I love the weathered wood look.
Then I replaced the glass and using my super hot glue gun, attached some pretty shells and sea life.


Then I made some burlap ribbon and attached it to the top to hang.
...and this is what I got...

It looks lovely hanging on my apple green wall. 

Thank you for checking out my sea life display! Please stop back by really soon!

23 comments:

  1. Holly, I think this looks really nice. I thought you had used real wood for the backing! A great transformation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally, totally awesome!!! So super creative too!

    --Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, this is really cute Holly! Can you win at your own link party?

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love ya girl- and this is WHY! Something so blasting boring and you Glam it up!! Adorable and I just LOVE this idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome project! I've got a couple of these in a bin -- time to revamp! Great job -- visiting from Bliss' place!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an amazing transformation...love it!! Partying with you this summer...thanks for hosting :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant ,I have some shells...and these would be perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you glue the shells right to the glass in each frame?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this and exactly what I wanted for my upstairs bathroom wall. Now to see if I can find some paper like that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I can't wait to read it! :0)