5.11.2012

Drab2Fab: Pitter and Glink

Welcome, Friends!


Hey, y'all!  I'm Bethany.




I'm a high school English teacher who's married to a middle school English teacher.  (Yep, our dinner conversations are interesting!)  I am also an avid crafter.  I blog about my different projects at my blog Pitter and Glink.


I'm so excited that Holly asked me to share one of my furniture projects with y'all.  Whenever I need a furniture piece for a room I'm working on, before I ever go to a thrift store or a furniture store, I check out the furniture pieces my grandmother left after she passed away.  She LOVED furniture and had A LOT of it.  I decided recently that I needed a storage piece for my craft room that I'm revamping, so I went "shopping" and found this hutch.



The hutch needed a lot of TLC before it could become beautiful again.  I had to reattach some molding that was about to fall off, and I had to fill in some holes and dents.  My dad reinforced a leg and a shelf for me.  After all that was done, it was time for the refinishing!  I spray painted this piece like I do pretty much every piece I refinish.  I'm not going to go through every single step to refinish this piece because everything I know about spray paint I learned from Brooke of All Things Thrifty.  She has a wonderful post on the best way to spray paint.  


After following Brooke's directions for spray painting, I distressed and glazed the piece.  (Brooke has a great post about glazing too!  There are even VIDEOS, y'all!!!)  After I glazed, I sealed with several coats of polycrylic.  And here she is...



But y'all know by now for me more is more.  So I  had to do a little something else to the piece before I was completely finished.  A while back, I saw a post from Pretty Handy Girl about how she backed some of her kitchen cabinets with fabric.  I knew when I saw her post that I was going to do this to SOMETHING, and my little hutch was the perfect piece!  I followed her directions of using foam board, fabric, and packing tape to create panels to pop in the back of the cabinet.  Once that was done, my piece was perfect.  Well, as perfect as anything I make ever is...




Here is a look at the whole finished piece.


Isn't she a cutie now?!  I'm in love with this piece, and it's now in my revamped craft room full of all kind of crafting supplies!  


I hope that you will head over to my blog to see my other projects.


And while you're there, I'd love for you to become a follower!  I will be posting the BIG REVEAL of my craft room soon.  I think you'll love it!  I really appreciate Holly letting me hang out with y'all today!
Happy Crafting!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Gonna go take a peek at Pitter and Glink. I mean I'm gonna go pake a teek at Pitter and Glink.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for having me today! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I can't wait to read it! :0)