3.22.2012

Drab2Fab: Swede Dreamer


Today we welcome...

Hello!
I am so honored to be Holly's guest blogger for the day! My name is Angie and I have my own blog over at Swede Dreamer where I share my dreamy inspirations from fashion and home decor to travel, food and the arts. There is also a good bit of vintage and cottage chic home that I often share with my readers from my shop on Etsy, Swede13 Inspirations. When Holly asked me to share a past or present project my mind began whirling...I have so many refurbished finds and treasures that I have created for my shop. I wanted to choose something for the cottage chic home and decided upon a shabby chic step ladder re-do. I had just stumbled upon a cute little one recently that I had planned to salvage~perfect timing! I will also share a handful of past step stool projects just for a little extra fun.


I jumped on this rustic little ladder the minute I saw it with all it's splattered paint 
and rustic splendor...such potential for this little one!


After wiping down the cobwebs, dirt, and dust, I initially gave it a coat of
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White for the foundation.
No priming, sanding or prep work involved!


I wanted to give this one a girlie touch with a touch of Paris chic so I opted for a cotton candy pink next. I poured a small amount of the ASCP Old White in a container and added a few drops of hot pink acrylic paint. I discovered that mixing a different type of paint with the chalk paint still leaves it with that great consistency if you just add a bit for color. After the pink coat dried, I distressed the edges of the stool allowing some white base and the original brown wood to peek through.

Waa-laa! The final product...how cute is this??
I used chandelier stamps and a black ink pad  and then 
hand-stenciled "Paris" filling in with black acrylic paint and a brush.
After letting it set and dry for 24 hours, I then applied a coat of Annie Sloan 
Clear Wax to the entire stool with a heavier coat on the seat.
A close-up...
What a great little addition to add some parisian charm to a girl's room or bathroom! 
This is the first one I have done in pink, as I usually go with the aqua blues. 
Wouldn't you know, my daughter already has her eye on this one. 
Now, a peek at some oldies but goodies...










Thanks so much for having me as your guest, Holly! 
 And thank you to your followers for joining me today~
I hope you will pop over to say hello.
Have a great day everyone!
~Angie~

Drab2Fab is linked up to:


Rooted In Thyme

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh they are all so adorable; I love the little step-ladder especially. Beautiful ideas; so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them all!!!!! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is the little blue one with the graphic on the top. TDC (too carn cute!)

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love these. They are fantastic everyone of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comment! I can't wait to read it! :0)